Monday, April 20, 2009

The Cage

"The Cage"

Everything has only grown colder,
This bird cannot sing for someone to hold,
So much progress is made just to start again
This time not knowing where to begin

Since that day nothing's ever been the same
The day I opened the cage was the day that my life changed
you took flight so freely, I just stayed here
Too scared to even dream where I might be someday be

One day I'll move on with or with out you, I'm told
But still I remain in this cage, braving the cold
The cold winds only take strength from these wings
With nowhere to go, I don't know where to begin

Day after day I write poems you won't read
Again and again I sing songs you don't hear
There's only one reason I do this, that will not change
For hope you realise why I'm still here, alone in this cage

With hope time heals me from this burden I bare
and that I leave this rusted cage so in need of repair
I know you're never coming back, that much is so clear
It's all I've gained from this cage, this chilling last year

No comments: