Monday, March 30, 2009

My Stance

"my stance"

we stand alone, on our own two feet
no comparisons, no compromise
who are they to peer through windows
thinking they know what they cannot see
understanding nothing of what we achieve
in our minds, and in our hearts

i choose to keep my distance
from the ones who throw their rocks at glass
because it's not me they could ever break
what's inside of me won't fall apart
they'll do what they will, all they can
but my strength they could never comprehend

the demons fight me, day and night
life deals me the toughest hand of cards
so i shuffle the deck and roll the dice
but know there is no end in sight
to all they say, all they think they know
of the fire that burns inside of me

i will never stand by their side
and i will never look to run and hide
because nothing breaks what lies within
what's beating deep inside this chest
is a promise i made with myself
to recognize and grow my wealth

build your army, fight your war
but nothing will ever rot the core
of why this exists in you and me
a journey of self-discovery
the choice we make is no cross to bare
for i have in me what you wouldn't dare

a humble existence and a focused mind
for i am not the aggressor, swelling with pride
but a gentle soul who has come to see
we all have what helps us to be free
the something inside, the inspired spark
that helps us keep a light in the dark

No comments: